Monday, August 6, 2012

Reliance NetConnect+ and a fix.

I went thru' some forums to complain on how pathetic Reliance NetConnect is. Just as expected, there was a sea of disgusted and angry customers, who are really annoyed. But one review (not a complaint), caught my attention. It read like this:

"Some idiots wrote reviews regarding Relince net-connect being the worst net let me tell you it is the best net ever it has awesome speed from 1.5 Mbps-2.1Mbps. To all those idiots who say reliance net-connect is worst try BSNL 3G data card services and then write a review. Reliance has a good network coverage and nearly all small and big towns have reliance communication service centres. The IDIOTS who say Reliance Net-connect+ is the worst net I am sure you guys have not changed the D.N.S. . If you are using Reliance netconnect plus do e-mail me and I will send you the D.N.S. for it. My e-mail address is prakharrai96@yahoo.co.in
"
(Source: http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Reliance-Netconnect-review-umqslqqqlr)

I couldn't believe what he said, because of the harsh phrases used in it. I was a bit inclined to think that this guy could be working in Reliance. But I couldn't help think about this option.
A couple of searches in internet landed me onto this.
A way to change immediate DNS that we connect to.
http://www.tekgazet.com/how-to-change-reliance-netconnect-dns-server-settings/net/1562.html

Now after changing it, I get a download speed upto 520 Kbps and an upload speed of 120 Kbps.
I think that's it. That solved my problem. But it still keeps me bothering, was it official ? Do I have to keep looking some other alternatives every now and then ? How come Reliance, who market their products so aggressively not provide such crucial information to it's own customers ?

Crossed Fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment